Saturday, 8 August 2026

Haydock - Saturday 8th August

I've never really been a fan of the Shergar Cup for all I have nothing against it. I attended once, many moons ago and that's enough for me. This weekend is sandwiched between Glorious Goodwood and Newbury's Hungerford meeting next week and it suffers duly. Not much to bet on but there's hopefully one to be found at Haydock. 

16:40, Betway Capital City Handicap

Cosi Bello 7/1, 1pt each-way (4 places)

Despite carrying a lumpy weight, Cosi Bello must have a chance here back at a track he is 1 from 1 at. Charlie Fellowe's yard continues in good form with 2 winners from his past 3 runners and the runner here is now just a pound higher than when victorious here in April. He's run just OK in 2 runs since but they were in big field handicaps at Ascot and York and this is easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Haydock - Saturday 8th August

I've never really been a fan of the Shergar Cup for all I have nothing against it. I attended once, many moons ago and that's enough...